Study Group Opportunities:
The Salem Chapter has been unable to find volunteers to provide a study group for the fall 2013 testing window for the PHR/SPHR/GPHR certification.
For general questions or more information, contact Scott Cantu at (503) 881-2747.
Current Eligibility Requirements for PHR, SPHR and GPHR
To be eligible, you must have two years of professional (exempt-level) HR work experience. The HR Certification Institute considers work done at a “professional level” as the equivalent of exempt-level work. For purposes of eligibility for the HR Certification Institute’s exams, professional experience includes supervisory responsibility and/or creative or original work that requires advanced HR knowledge. The two years of experience do not need to be current or sequential. But more recent experience is more likely to coincide with the exam’s content.
On the exam application, your position(s) must exactly match the approved position codes.
Benefits of Certification
More than 108,000 HR professionals have earned HR certification. Earning the PHR, SPHR, GPHR, PHR/CA or SPHR/CA credential demonstrates to you and your organization that you commit to a higher standard.
If you’re an HR professional, when you become HR certified, you
- show you know the most current principles and core practices of HR management
- become more marketable when you compete for top HR positions
- raise your professional confidence among your staff and your peers
Other Helpful Resources:
- HRCI homepage: www.hrci.org for complete information on the certification process.
- Prometric homepage: www.prometric.com for further details on testing centers, locations and times.
- SHRM homepage: www.shrm.org